Monday, January 11, 2010

Back in Puebla

So not much new to share. Just hangin' with my family and friends here in Puebla.

It's very VERY cold. While the temperature may just be hovering between 35-45 degrees Fahrenheit (admittedly not very cold by New England standards) the houses here are made of stone, without insulation or heat, and most windows only nominally close. The result is that I and everyone else are all constantly cold and do everything with gloves, a scarf, and a hat. Well, except shower, but let me inform you that since the water here is only very rarely actually hot, if there were a graceful way to shower fully clothed I would be more than willing to take advantage of it.

My tentative class schedule includes ecology, ethnomusicology, Mexican anthropology, and an economics class called "agriculture and sustainability." I will also be auditing the folkloric dance class. Have only gone to the ethnomusicology class, and it was very abbreviated, but so far it seems really cool. We even have field trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment