Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No hay pedo, güey!

Among my many discoveries about this frequently magical and completely awesome (in both good and bad senses of the word) country is that vacations are taken very seriously. No one messes with your vacation, but it's totally okay if you want to mess with their productivity. SO, in the spirit of Mexican lengthening of vacations, I set out tonight for my spring break. So what if spring break (semana santa) doesn't start until Saturday? This is Mexico, for crying out loud! And, as if any proof were needed, my Fridays are always class-free as I am trying to assimilate as best I can and NOTHING says Mexican college student like perpetual 3-day weekends, plus my usual Thursday class has been canceled this week because the professor is also leaving early for break. Add that all up and you are left with the perfect reason to leave early: I may be missing a day of classes, but I'm making up for it with nearly a whole week more of vacation. A result which is completely acceptable in the mind of the typical college student (well, really, the typical anyone) here.

So where am I going to spend this luxurious 3 (THREE) weeks? Tonight I leave for Nicaragua where I will be visiting my friends Ciara and Dylan for 10 days. Once I get back I will probably feel guilty, do homework for a few days, get sick of it (this is called hueva), then set off on some other adventure for the next week and a half. So far I've talked with people about going to Chiapas, Pahuatlan, and Acapulco. Decisions, decisions... Life here sure is tough! ;)

Until next time (which may or may not be coming to you straight from Nicaragua), be safe, have fun, and keep it chill because, as I've repeatedly been told, No hay pedo, güey!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! Have fun! If you get a chance, you should visit the Chicxulub crater on the edge of the Yucatan peninsula -- it is believed to be the location of the bolide impact that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs (you probably already knew that, haha). I luuurve you! Tell Ciara and Dylan I say hola. Or holla. Whichever.

    ReplyDelete