Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No estoy muerta/ A what? A duck.

So despite the significant lapse since my last post, I assure you all that I am not dead. Since my last post, I have experienced my first serious Mexico-related stomach upset (dubbed "Montezuma's Revenge" for a reason), laughed hysterically at ducks' tails and at a friend whose front-tooth bridge fell out (on separate occasions), taken my first exam of the semester, learned to dance Danzón and the Cha-cha-chá, and been given a new nickname: Alubia.

Here's the review:

-Bacteria are fun until they're not. Luckily God invented antibiotics.

-Ducks wag their tails ridiculously. They also get all pissy when you laugh at them. Wanna buy a duck?


-Friends with their front teeth missing are amazing, and do NOT get all pissy when you laugh at them. They laugh too, which is how you know they're your friends.

-Exams have always been and will always be a necessary evil.

-¡Danzón es la neta! (Danzón is a type of salon dance popular among the older crowd. It is of Cuban origin, but arose originally from English contradance. It was once considered scandalous but is now a fixture of the Puebla Lion's Club Sunday evening dances.)

-Alubias are a type of small, white bean. You do the math.

4 comments:

  1. wow! Glad you're still alive :^) I was beginning to worry, haha.

    The ducks remind me of the goose in the Disney movie Aristocats... which you should watch if you never have...

    I'm sure you did astonishingly well on your exam, you always do!!!

    You should teach me to dance when you get back... perhaps necessarily via videochat, though :^(

    Also... I totally dig the nickname. But you'll always be The Hott One to me, babe :^*

    Love ya!!! stay healthy, sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie you consistently make my day!

    HAHAHA Speaking of nicknames, I just remembered the bleachers incident!! Yet another moment that you will never live down, but which I feel has brought us closer together.

    Speaking of closer together, you should update your blog more frequently. Sisters should never be this separated. :(

    LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Har, har, har... I misss youuuu!!! I'd run into the bleachers again if it would catapult my spirit to Mexico...

    Unlike you, my dear, I have to wait for something interesting to happen before posting in my blog... Cortland, though grand in its own special way, is decidedly short on cultural experiences. (btw, I'm saying that you are consistently doing interesting things, not that you have boring posts. Just thought I'd clear that up so you don't think I'm being passive-aggressive!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOES IT QUACK?

    also, I miss you.

    xo
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete