Thursday, August 6, 2009

El primer día















We made it to Mexico City! No travel problems other than feeling terminally confused (get it? airport pun?), but luckily I had Cat, a fellow JYA Smithie who flew down with me, to make sure I got into the country. We were met just past customs by the program directors and assistants, who helped us feel really welcomed. That is, less terrified...

We all ate a late lunch together at a Friendly's-type place near our hotel, which was pretty darn good! First meal in Mexico = chilaquiles con salsa roja + bottled water.

This is the view from our hotel room. I'm rooming with Sarah from Wheaton College, and so far we're getting along well. It should be noted, however, that we've only spoken in Spanish, so our conversation hasn't really been that intense. I am sure, however, that in a few days' time we will have gotten more into the swing of things. It's all really overwhelming right now, but so far I'm pretty convinced that studying abroad was one of the better choices I've made. Mexico for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment