Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Saga Begins

In only a few days I will set out from the familiar, comfortable northeastern United States for our neighbor to the south, Mexico. I will live with a host family in Puebla, a city of approximately 3 million outside of Mexico City. I will attend classes at the BUAP (think big public university) and soak up a new culture for the next two semesters.

I was informed today that I need to keep a careful record of this little adventure, and that a blog would be the best way to reach everyone who might be interested in what I'm up to. Therefore, I hereby christen this blog "JYA Puebla," and make a solemn pledge to try really, really hard to keep it updated with photos, anecdotes, and the occasional emotion.

Today was my last day of work, and I have spent the evening packing up to head back home for a few days before I fly to Mexico City. I'm a little nervous about this whole Mexico thing, but my excitement far outweighs any trepidation I might be experiencing. I can't wait to meet my host family!

We were each sent a photograph of our host mothers; mine is named Alba. She seems nice, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment